Inspiration & More
Get FREE Summer Solstice Beads!
Posted by Suzanne on 13th Jun 2017
On June 21st this year we will celebrate the June Solstice, also known as the Summer Solstice. This day marks the start of summer and the longest day of the year, as well as the shortest night.
The Summer Solstice holds a few fun facts you may or may not know:
- The Earth is farthest away from the sun on this day.
- The Summer Solstice is the only day of the year when the Arctic Circle has 24 hours of daylight.
- In Latin, the summer solstice means “the sun stands still”.
- Ancient cultures as well as present day celebrate with festivals, feasts, dance and music.
- Stonehenge was used for Druid Solstice celebrations.
- Alaskans played the longest baseball game without artificial light called the “Midnight Sun Game.”
- Pagan celebrations were held to symbolize the balance of fire and water.
- In Ancient Egypt, the Summer Solstice signified the New Year.
With the sun being straight over head, soak up those rays and take advantage of the longest day of vitamin D you can get, especially since this day is not commonly the hottest day of the year.
Isn’t it ironic that when the sun stands still we tend to move more and celebrate? Live by the sun and love by the moon, right?
Happy Solstice, Everyone!
Place any size order with Happy Mango Beads and enter “Free Beads for Summer Solstice” in the order instructions/comment box during checkout, and we’ll include a FREE baggie of a sunny summer solstice beads, like those pictured above, with your order! (this offer is good between now and June 21st)